Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thing 19- The 'other' social networks

Like most of my thing posts begin, I was not aware of these other social networks.  Other than Facebook, I'm not currently a member of any other social networks , although I did just join Teacher Pop. While I see the importance of these social networks, I also see the importance of the most important social network, the actual people we see and interact with everyday. I'm just as guilty as the next person of spending too much time on Facebook or other web sites, but I feel like we place far too much emphasis on our virtual friends and peers. Make an date to have lunch with an old friend, or give them a call on a long drive. Put the phone down and be present  with those who are in your presence.

I did check out the the links to other social networks and I really like Good Reads. I'm always searching for a new book so I will definitely use this site again.

Also, I tried to embed the bade from Teacher Pop, but like the other attempts at embedding, it did not work.

No comments:

Post a Comment