Wednesday, December 5, 2012

24-Reflection

As I look back on the 23 Things assignment, I have mixed feelings. Certain assignments were very informative and helpful. Others really just seemed like a waste of time. I mean, seriously, Thing 18? The percentage of students who don't have Facebook or Twitter must be very minute. I would consider eliminating this Thing and replacing it with something more beneficial. Also, YouTube is blocked in most school systems. I think Teacher Tube should be explored instead.

This assignment did show me how much is out there to help organize my personal and professional life as well as how many creative sites are out there. It also showed me that apparently, I never search the web! There were so many sites that I had never heard of. Delicious, Live Binder, Flow Charts, Flicker, and Animoto were my favorite discoveries These allowed me to truly see beneficial applications for both my personal and professional life. I've already started using Delicious to create a library of sites that will be useful to me as an educator.

I think the biggest take away that I had from this assignment is that I need to branch out more on the Internet and that there are a whole host of useful sites just waiting to be Googled, which also apparently is waaaaay more than just a search engine! Thanks Thing #12! Also, as a new teacher, use these sites to your advantage. I think I had a fear that I would need to reinvent the wheel with each lesson. This isn't so. I know that I can use some of the these sites and applications to make my career as a teacher better organized, more creative, and most importantly, less stressful!

No comments:

Post a Comment