Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Wiki Wiki What? Thing 15

Honestly before this thing assignment, I really only thought about Wikipedia when I thought about wikis. I was unaware of their use by other companies,organizations, and groups and what they are able to provide them. I find it interesting that a collaboration of various people can create one site so easily. It can allow for a sharing of talents to develop a better version of an individual idea. It can also be detrimental in that a creator doesn't have total control over the content edited and displayed on the site.                                                 In my own classroom, I would use a wiki to keep track of classroom activities,  develop class projects and group assignments, and post links for sites useful to the classroom. Depending on the age of my students, I would also have the students interact and edit the wiki as part of classroom activity.                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment