Saturday, September 29, 2012

Thing 7-Flicker

For this blog post,  I chose to explore Flicker and not create an account. I already post to Instagram so I didn't want to create an account that I would most likely not use.

The range of photos on Flicker is unending. Beautiful landscapes,intriguing abstracts, clip art, and portraits were all there. From an educators perspective, the vast amount of photographs could be great asset in the classroom. Photographs can bring to life a topic being discussed and allow students to make connections to real life.

 I selected a photo from the "A Year Ago Today" photo reel. I'm very introspective so the thought of looking back in time at what others posted a year ago intrigued me. I selected the photo entitled "Morning Rays" by Andrew Curtis because it's simply stunning. I can only imagine what the photographer felt and experienced taking the picture. I would love to know that a year ago today, I was standing in that same spot, taking in that view.



Note*-I was unable to attach the image because the photographer has not enabled that option. The link, however, will take you to the beautiful shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment