Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Thing 2-I think I'm blogging now

As I said in post one, I never thought of myself as a blogger. Although I think I'm pretty interesting, I highly doubted that others would care to read about my daily activities. Not only that, but my technical skills leave a lot to be desired. I always assumed creating a blog would be more trouble than it was worth, but I was pleasantly surprised. Creating the blog was very easy. I already had a gmail account, so setting up the blog took less than one minute! Naming it took a bit more time as it's hard to come up with a clever title with a last name like Samples.

The avatar creation was also simple, but actually getting it to the blog was another story. The instructions posted on 23 things either wouldn't work or I was doing it incorrectly, but nevertheless, I spent a lot of time trying to figure it out. I was finally able to upload the image by saving it to my computer and uploading it as an image. The appearance of the avatar is slightly similar to me, at least as close as I can look to a boxy-cartoon character.

Overall, the blog creation process was extremely simple, but I'm still not sold that a personal blog will ever be in the works for me! Unless, I decide that I'm super interesting after all.

3 comments:

  1. I had a lot of the same feelings towards blogs before taking this class and finding out that I would have to make one of my own. However, I have found that since I started my blog I have actually become very excited about it (although I do not often find the time to show that excitement by working with the blog). I enjoy checking it when I can to see if there is anything new (usually there is not but what can I say... I am quite the impatient one). I never thought I would feel this way about it. I really hope you find that you enjoy it as well and perhaps it can become a wonderful experience. Thanks for the post. You are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paige, I had the same feelings about blogging that you shared. Who would be interested in what I have to say? And setting up a blog must be difficult and time consuming. I have to say that setting up the blog was not as difficult as I thought. I do enjoy reading your blog. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you on the ease of setting up the blog. I also had difficulty comming up with an interesting name and displaying my avatar. Unlike me, you actually succeeded in giving your blog a clever name!

    ReplyDelete